Art Direction Change

After having spoken to Alan my story has changed to be a short 'sweet' mini story with a moral.
*Although after telling a few people the story the moral appears to be subjective as well* 


The story I found was on a website called Indian-child.com which has inspiring short story collections.
After looking at two of the stories on there I read one called Mothers-Day which has now become my muse for the transcription project.


It will involve two characters, a Man and a little girl. It will be set in 1900's france, I want the timeline to be broad to allow more room for an interesting design.

I was told about a film adaption of a book called Gigi, by colette set in france 1940's, so the base of my art direction will stem from that era and colour style from the book.
Alongside this I intend to make the environment look as if it were in a parisian town (i.e. cobbled flooring)

I will make a treatment for the story shortly before I create my animatic to see if my adapted layout works correctly.

Before that Influence maps for environment, art style and outfits will be created alongside full sketches of the characters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Important Criticism